Saturday, March 05, 2005

Working With Scouts

No writing today other than answering some Crits the nice folks over at Forward Motion left on my WIP. I only had a quick minute to stop in, but it looks like half a dozen or so folks are interested in the class I offered to do so I'll be putting together an outline over the next few days to ship off to Zette (the site admin) and see if it's a go.

I spent half the day today (and all of tomorrow) at a training seminar on being a Scoutmaster for the Boy Scouts. I have to tell ya: these are some nice folks! if you want to feel good about the human race, get involved in Scouting and meet the folks who give up a good portion of their own free time to help these kids and the community. I have to say I enjoy it much more than I ever thought I would. I've always been one of those folks who wanted to help out, but never really knew how. I was never much of a "volunteering" type, I kinda got dragged into Scouts because of my son (my wife is very protective and he was not camping all over the world without me along!) I'm really glad they did it though, I love it!

I'm hoping to get some Editing on GS in tonight, but I'm about to head out to dinner with the family and that can easily stretch into hours (which is a good thing!), so who knows? Gotta run. . .

Later!

No comments: