Monday, March 21, 2005

Guns and Mondays

Monday never changes, does it? It waits to leap on your unsuspecting back . . .

I had a GREAT weekend: went camping and got in a lot of shooting, which was amazingly fun! I've never fired a weapon before and I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it. If you've never had the chance to shoot skeet, you haven't lived! What a blast (yes, pun intended!) I also got to fire an amazing array of hand guns and various other rifles, and enjoyed every one of them. The gentleman who had us as guests on his property was a fantastic host. He fed us, entertained us, provided all the facilities and let us try some of his remarkable weapon collection. All in all, one of the best weekends I've ever had. My son was even more thrilled than I was, he now wants to join a shooting club. I'll think about that for a bit and see how that goes..

So anyway, back to Monday - the work day sucked pickled penguin eggs. I didn't have a chance to breath, much less take a lunch so I got no writing in today either. I have a bunch of appointments after work tonight as well, so I doubt I'll get anything done then either. Everyone duck as the ". . .silicon chip inside my head/gets switched to overload" (Thank you for that little image Mr. Geldoff!)

So, I only have a few minutes to post today. Just wanted to say Hi and let y'all know I didn't shoot myself in the foot or anything. (Actually did really well on the skeet range: 7 for 15 on my first time out. Not remarkable I guess, but I'm damn proud of myself!)

Later!

No comments: