Friday, March 11, 2005

Kids, TV and Camping

Children are always an adventure. I saw this today and had to laugh. Never a dull moment when kids are about!

No writing or posting this coming weekend - I'm off camping!! (Happy Snoopy Dance!) It'll be a nice weekend for it here, temps in the low 40's. Ground is going to be a little wet from all the snow melt and rain this week, but you can't have everything. Strange how much I've come to love camping, it's something I never did as a kid. My first time out was just over a year ago, with my son's Boy Scout troop and I've been hooked ever since. There is something about being out in the middle of all that stillness that I love. It's a damn good place for a writer to be. If you don't come back from a few days in the woods with out least a half dozen story ideas, you just weren't trying!

Last night was a big TV night, so nothing got done on either novel [sigh] "Survivor", "The Apprentice" and "The Contender" one after the other . . . I damn near overdosed on RealiTV, but it was fun. I'm liking "The Contender" more and more, though I suck at picing the winning fighter. so far I'm 0-2 . . .

Talk to you all on Monday!

No comments: