Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Synopsis Done

There are few things in life that feel better than when a migraine fades away. I've been fighting one all day and it's only just now going away. The satisfaction of losing that blinding pain is damn near orgasmic! I hate migraines!!!!

Anyway, I was able to get some writing done at lunch today: another 2,000 words on "First" and what I think is a nicely paced dramatic scene wherein my female MC leaves her people forever. Last night I was able to finish off the last of the GS synopsis and get it all typed up. Tonight (hopefully!) I'll have the wife do a mail-merge to get all the addresses, etc. for the agents I'm contacting and get them all out in the mail ASAP. Who knows, I may actually have them in the mail by the weekend. (Yes, I know you've heard that before but let's not quibble, alright?) I managed to cut the synopsis down by nearly six full pages from the original draft. I did a lot of polishing and simplifying. Hopefully it'll be enough to catch someone's attention. I put even more work into the query letter itself. I really like it. I think it grabs the readers attention and gives them a feel for my writing style in just under a single page. Let's hope the agents agree!

Had another contractor in last night (and yet another coming tonight!) but at least this guy's numbers were in line with what we'd expected to see. the last two were much higher. Which of course is now making us nervous because we can't decide if the first two are trying to hose us or if the new guy doesn't know what he's doing. Have I mentioned being a homeowner sucks? I'm still waiting for prices from one other contractor (excluding tonight's entry) before we start making any decisions. Can't wait till it's all done and I can sit my ass down on the couch and watch football all day wihtout the wife pointing out the things that need to be done on the house that are not magically happening whilst I observe the mystical scrying box depicting battle betwixt the Giants of NY and whatever other srub-ass team dares challenge them! (Could that sentence be any longer?)

My wife was watching "Airline" last night when I came out of the office. The woman is addicted to realit shows! Tell ya' what: when I was young, thin, and handsome (even before I started dating the wife) I had a lady-friend who tried to talk me into becoming an airline steward. she pointed out that I'd get to travel all over the world (free!) and get to spend my time in a female dominated career that would provide me much oppportunity to get . . . well, you know! (Mile High club, here I come!) I came damn close to doing it too. Stewards made good cash at the time (compared to the construction work I was doing, anyway!) After watching that show though, I am damn glad I never followed through on it! I'd have to kill half the jack-asses who show up in airports. My sympathies to all who have to make their living dealing with drunken, pissed off, tired, and frightened airline passengers!

I'll say in my little room and type stories, thanks.

Later!

1 comment:

SRH said...

Congrats, keep us in the blogosphere informed about how it goes.