Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm Busted!

The cat is out of the bag.

Well, to be honest: it's been out for a while but I didn't know it. In speaking with the wife last night, I discovered that she is aware of this blog and has been a regular reader for some time now. Just goes to show that I should never try to keep secrets from her. She's smarter than I am and I always get caught. (which is why I almost never try!)

So now that I know she reads this will I censor my whining, bitching and moaning? Nah. She knows me for the ass I am and loves me anyway. Don't think she'd recognize me if I wasn't complaining about something. I do have to say though, it was pretty cool of her not to say anything about it earlier. She felt it was "my thing" and didn't want to interfere. The only reason it came up yesterday was because of something she read about blogs and legal actions yesterday that she wanted to warn me about.

I also found out last night that I screwed up (royally, as usual!) When I went to order my laser printer I discovered she actually was getting it for my birthday. (oops!) The denial was to put me off the trail of the surprise gift. I believe she was counting on my inherent laziness to keep me from getting around to ordering it before then. (usually a safe bet, but in this case I really want to get the queries out the door!) So I ruined her surprise. Sorry, babe!

I spent some time last night online ordering my boy's birthday gift (I'm not saying what it is - I don't think he reads this, but as you can see: I never know what's really going on around me!) so I didn't get to any writing. I did however stop to look at one of the novels I started about two years back and I was surprisingly pleased with it. I may set "Alex" on a back burner and jump into that one (yea, I know I'm wishy-washy. Especially when it comes to starting a new project.) I think "Alex" will keep me too long in backstory and not writing. I've gotten into a solid groove of regular work and I don't want to lose it, so I'm thinking I may be better off focusing on something that is ready for a full first draft and doing the world building stuff in my spare time.

For something completely out of left field: has anyone else noticed that we're being hosed by the fast food restaurant chains? We ate at Mickey D's last night and it cost nearly twenty bucks for three "value" meals! I remember when McD, BK, etc. were first getting big. Their major selling points were fast food at LOW prices. Not anymore! Their "value" meals cost nearly $6.00 a pop! I can go to the local diner and get their deluxe burger platter (with a burger 5X the size of the fast food place - and made of real beef!) with fries, letteuce, tomato, etc. for the same price and it's a hundred times better. It hasn't been shriveling under a heat lamp for three hours and the fries are actually hot when you get them! All you get now from these frachises is speed (and not always that!) I can go to any reasonable restaurant and get an excellent (possibly even healthy!) meal for the same price as going to any fast food place and the food is almost always better. (Except for Arby's. Nobody makes a roast beef like Arby's!) I think it's just become such a habit to stop at these place we never pay attention to the price. Stop and look at it the next time you swing into one.

There you go . . . that's my PSA for the week.

Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just surf and found your nice blog,
welcome to introduce your blogs @
http://review.168forums.com