Friday, August 05, 2005

Family Night

Well, I just got back from our Newburgh, NY office which is a 2-1/2 hour drive on good days (of which today was not one!) It took me 3.75 hours to fight my way home through summer traffic. Much happiness on my part right now, so I'll keep the post short, else I'll devolve into the reasons why we need to start thinning the human herd.

Tonight is family night (yes, we're geeks and do that sort of thing!) We're playing a board game of the boys choice, ordering take-out and at 10:00 we will be watching BSG! (Have I mentioned this is the best show on television?) No writing today but I came up with some very extensive and detailed plot points as I was driving (forever!) today. At least my training went well today. The folks I taught actually listened and walked out excited and appreciative of the stuff I'd shown them to make their jobs easier. All too often I wind up with morons who are going to do things the way they've always done them (regardless of how much harder it is!) and only show up to syphon off a free lunch.

I'll be around the house this weekend, so I may actually have some time to post. I will definitely be working on "Alex" and I will also be buying my new prnter to get my queries out. (Spoke to D'wife last night: that was not the present she bought me so I can get it this weekend.)

Speaking of my birthday, the wife is very entertaining right now. Whatever gift she got for me, she's very proud of it and can't wait to show me. It always infuriates her that I have no sense of curiousity about such things. She could put the thing in a brown bag at the foot of our bed and I'd never open it. I get more enjoyment out of the surprise than I ever could from the gift, so I won't peek. I'm funny that way. (Alright, I'm funny in a lot of ways, but I think it was very rude of you to point that out!)

Great weekend to all!

Later!

No comments: