Monday, August 29, 2005

Much Ado About Birthdays

Sorry for the late day post, work kept me hoppin' (it's Monday, what else would you expect?) and I didn't have a chance at lunch to shoot this out. I got some stuff done over the weekend (writing wise) I finished the revisions on the "Godslayer" Synopsis though I didn't have a chance to type them in and start getting them out. I'll do some of that tonight hopefully. I plugged in another 1200+/- words on "First" as well. I'm a little annoyed at myself for the slow movement on this piece. I just seem to be dragging lately - not just on the writing but on everything. I'm a little strange that way. I hit pockets of depression from time to time where all I want to do is sit on the couch and mope over how much my life sucks (even though it doesn't!) I don't know where it comes from or why but I've learned that all I can do is push through it. I feel bad for the wife and kid when it happens: I ain't exactly the funnest guy to be around at these times. I'm sort of like this giant, over-stuffed sock puppet who sits on their couch with a sour puss on.

I'm thinking that exercise is once more the culprit here. (Clever readers will note my careful lack of reference to same over the past two months!) Translation: my fat old ass ain't been workin' out at all! I know, I know! I just can't seem to get the focus for it. If I even think about it my body goes into this massive slump and I can barely keep my eyes open. Why? Beats the crap outta me! I have never had much of a reasonable understanding of my own twisted psyche, so I'm not the best guy to ask. (Ask my wife, I'm sure she'll answer you at great length. She knows all about my twisted psyche!)

We went to Medieval Times this weekend for the boys SECOND birthday party. It was actually a lot of fun (I was particularly impressed with the equestrian demonstrations!) but if you're going, bring a whole lot of cash! These folks have got a brilliant marketing scheme going: you MUST show up 1-1/2 hours before the show begins to be admitted and where do you wait? Why at the GIFT SHOP and the BAR of course! You try to tell small children "No, you can't have anything." when they're standing in a gift shop for an hour! (Luckily, our crew were all older and didn't cause a hassle but I saw some rugrats there that needed a serious ass whoopin' . . .) Even so, the boys were -understandably-thirsty after the long car ride and standing there waiting for another hour (and it's warm in there too . . . accident or evil scheme? You decide which!) so we bought them all sodas . . . at $5.00 each!!! (Oh yea, they saw us coming!) Over all though, the show was very entertaining and the food was surprisingly good. (eating with no utensils is always a cool thing!) I do recommend visitng, but as I said: be sure of the bank account first!

My birthday celebration had to be postponed until next weekend, which is cool by me. The wife and boy have something planned and we just didn't have time this weekend. Me, I'm just thrilled that the wife actually remembered my birthday this year! (Oh yes, this has been a source of much irritation in the past and the wife will no doubt scorch my ears for bringing it up yet again! Hi, Dear!) I'm not real hard to please, don't need gifts, or parties, just a simple: "Happy Birthday!" and a hug does it for me. (and cake . . . one must never forget cake!) Still, a quiet day with the family will be nice, so I'm looking forward to it.

Later!

No comments: