Thursday, August 04, 2005

At This Moment

Sorry for yesterday's lack of a post . . . the day was frikkin' nuts!

I was travelling for work and (of course) when I got to the office I was training in the folks there had forgotten I was coming and nothing was set up. (Nothing like feeling imprtant, eh?) I had to delay the seminar, get everything put together and ready to run, get lunch ordered and brought int, etc. It was ridiculous. After that I went straight home, took care of all the yard work I missed out on while I was away last week (sadly, one can not turn of the grass like a light switch. It keeps growing when you're not around. I find this to be a serious design flaw on God's part!) Then I picked up and cooked dinner (aren't I just the perfect husband?) after which the entire family just crashed on the couch. The boy put on "Highlander" the movie (The original kicks ass!) and we just vegetated as a familial unit. It was good.

I did get a decent amount of notes on the background and the preliminary stucture of magic for "Alex" on Tues. night. I've also been running the story through my head continuously so I've gotten pretty far with the plot; I just need to get it down on paper now. I am still dragging my heels on the Agent queries, BTW. I still haven't gotten out to get a new printer so I can get them in the mail.

--quick interruption of the narrative flow here. "At This Moment" by Billy Vera and the Beaters just came on the radio. This has got to be one of the greatest songs ever written! I think Bruce Hornsby wrote it actually, though I'm not sure of that. Anyway, I love this tune and I even do a decent job on singing along with, if I do say so myself!--

Anyway, the letters will go out eventually. I am sort of waiting because I think the wife may have picked me up a Laserjet as a birthday gift because she changes the subject each time I bring it up so I'll wait the two weeks till my B-day and see what happens.

Other than that, I'm off to another training seminar today (which they ARE expecting me for -I verified this time!) and tomorrow I have to travel 3 hours each way to another office. The good thing about that is I don't need to stop in at my office at all. I'll head straight there, do my training, then straight for home. The bitch is that I'll be heading towards the Jersey shore late on a Friday afternoon in the summer when the forecast is for beautiful weather all weekend.

I should get home by mid-afternoon on Saturday.

If I'm lucky.

Later!

2 comments:

Krista Heiser said...

Magic is always a bugger when you're trying to define the nuances. I tend to make them up as I go along but then I have to worry about violating rules I've forgotten I set up in the first place. :)

J.A. Coppinger said...

LOL!

Glad to know it's not just me! I usually wind up fitting in magic to meet the needs of my plot then having to go back and justify it earlier in the book.

This time, I'm laying it out first! I've already broken it down into (9) basic types of magic use, which balances perfectly since three is an important magical number in this world and (3) three times is even more important. 3x3x3 will also play a big part.

Wow. Waaaayyyy too many numbers for my teenie brain!

Later!