Friday, August 12, 2005

Evil Humor and Friday

End of the work week folks! I don't care who you are, or what your doing . . . Friday is ALWAYS a good day!

I got some more words in on "First" today, nothing massive (only about 1,000) but it's forward progress, right? I actually let myself be distracted over lunch by creating a PowerPoint presentation for the Boy Scouts about our last two trips. This is some entertaining crap for me! I'm taking all the photos from the trips and adding text commentary to each one. (It's amazing the abuse you can heap on someone with only a little thought balloon!) They should have know better than to ask someone with a sense of humor as evil as mine to do this! I'm going to have a blast showing this to the boys!

I've been feeling really tired over the past week and I don't know why. I've been getting to bed at a reasonable time but I still wake up feeling like I haven't slept at all. After work each day, it's all I can do to get dinner on the table. Last night, we went for a family swim after dark. That is always fun. It helped me wake up a bit but once I was back inside I was dozing on the couch in minutes. Not sure what's bugging me . . . maybe I'm stressing over the upcoming house renovations. I always feel tired when I'm stressing.

I'm dreading this renovation. Personal history tells me that it is going to take longer, cost more, and create more heaadaches for me than I can currently imagine. This is S.O.P. for my life and major projects. I want someone to come in, give me a fair price, do the work cleanly, and go away. Probability of that happening . . . Oh hell, I can't count numbers that big! I simply know it's going to be a giant clusterfuck.

Tomorrow night, we're working a local festival as a fundraiser for the Boy Scouts. We do it as a family every year and it's actually a lot of fun. I get to play carnival hawker (don't know if that's spelled right) while the boy sits in a dump tank and the wife hides her face and pretends she's not related to me! Very cool! You'd be amazed at how many people are willing to shed cash in order to see a small child get soaking wet! The boys always love being the guy in the "Wet Seat". They actually fight when we tell them they have to take turns.

Sunday, we're heading out to take a look at kitchen cabinets and I have to mow the lawn (of course!). I'm pretty sure I have at least two other things to do this weekend, but my microscopic brain is too tired to recall what at the moment. No worries, I'm sure the wife will remind me (forcibly if needed!). Hopefully, I'll have some spare time to get more work done on "First" as well. I'll be back on the next vile-day-that-begins-each-work-week and let you know how it goes.

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Five orphans suing Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, builder, and "adoptive" parents
In a move that will make Extreme Makeover: Home Edition even more deserving of caricature, five orphans are suing the show, the builder, and the family that originally took them in .
Hi, Blogs are very popular these days. I think you can potentially make the top 10. Go for it!

I have a hair dryers site. I think it will eventually cover all things about hair dryers .

Stop by if you get the change. : - )

SRH said...

you git tagged with a spam comment too? this is getting ridiculous