Monday, October 03, 2005

Accursed Moon!

Monday.

The very word means the day dedicated to the lunar celestial body, or: "Moon Day". (translation of Latin lūnae diēs, day of the moon) Note the connection to the word "Luna" which is also the Latin base for the word "Lunatic" (Middle English lunatik, from Old French lunatique, from Latin lūnāticus, from lūna, moon).

In short: you have to be a friggin' whack-job to enjoy this day!

At work. It's crazy. I'm tired. Problems galore. No one is happy to be here today.

It's truly a Monday.

How'd the weekend go, folks? Mine was good. Got done all that I needed to, though I felt like crap doing it. I got back to exercising this a.m. (took the last few days off because of the illness) and the body was not happy with me. The joints and back still ache a touch and the sinuses are mildly stuffed so it wasn't a lot of fun but I had to do it. Illness is almost always the death of my exercise programs and I wasn't letting this one die the slow death of indifference. So I was back at it first thing out of bed today. It hurt, but I felt better afterward.

Got some writing done today on "First" (1,300 words or so) over lunch. Not a wonderful day but I'll take it just the same. It's the first writing I've gotten done in a full week. No editing on "Clans" yet. I tried looking at it on Saturday night but it seemed too horrid to work on. I'm hoping that was because I felt like such crap at the time and not because it really is crap. Of course, now I'm afraid to go back and look at it fear it truly is the latter. (I know, I know . . . I promise I'll get back to it! Sheesh, you're so pushy!)

Can you believe it's October already? Man, this year flew by! NaNoWriMo is just around the corner (yup, I'll be doing it once again!) and the holidays are hovering in the background.

Strange thing I noticed today. . . Seems like a lot of the blogs on my sidebar were sparsely updated the last two weeks. Either we are all living frighteningly similar lives, or the other blogs are all just imaginary projections of fragments from my own tattered psyche that update themselves only when I conentrate on them. Hmmm . . . which do you think it is?

So, Mel & Lee (from my FM Crit Circle) dropped some comments here last week about getting back into our round-robin editing work. I asked them to hold off until today, so I think I'll swing by and see if they've gotten anything going yet. I think I'm going to post "First" there for them to start picking at. I'm hoping that getting feedback as I'm working the first draft may help me avoid some pitfalls and -who knows?- maybe even prompt some new plot twists. This week should be a little less chaotic than the last two so I'm hoping to get a good bit of work done. I'll keep you posted.

Later!

No comments: