Friday, September 30, 2005

Doctor and Bullets

Home at last!

Travelling for work today and man: long commutes suck when your sinuses are pounding. At least the seminar went well, even though the driving didn't. I'll never understand the traffic in this state. It's a beautiful fall day, not a cloud in the sky, and I saw four accidents on my way home Oy! If you've never driven through the Garden State at rush hour, you've missed out on the thrill ride of a lifetime. Forget about rollercoasters - Rolling Thunder can't hold a candle to moving through the Oranges at 5:00 on a Friday evening!!

Family night tonight will be of the tame sort. The wife and I are both under-the-weather so we're going to pass on the board games and go for simple movie fare (the boy's choice . . . which means LOTR once more I have no doubt!) That's cool, I'll doze on the couch while he watches and the wife will be snoring like a drunken sailor five miutes into it. (Yes, dear: you DO snore!)

Another busy weekend coming (are there any other kind?) Running all day for Scouts tomorrow, and Sunday we're shutting down the pool and heading to the In-Law's for dinner. That's good by me. Unlike most folks, I actually like my wife's parents. They're very cool people, who've never done anything but be nice to me and help me out when I needed it. Not only that, but the Mom-In-Law is Polish and makes some wicked-awesome dinners! (Dude, kluskies and cabbage must be eaten to be believed!)

With a little luck, I will feel well enough tomorrow to get back to some regular writing. I'm taking tonight to get another good chunk of rest before I do. I have found from long (unpleasant) experience that when I get sick, all I can do is rest until it goes away. If I push at it, the cold hangs on for weeks. Three days of long sleep and I'm usually back to my usual healthy-as-an-ox self. I'm actually pretty grateful: I only get sick once or twice a year (if that) and it goes pretty quickly if I handle it correctly. Some soup, some OJ, some sleep (just like mom always said!) is usually all it takes. I don't do doctors, medicines, or vitamins. I'm a firm believer that anything which can only be made through advanced science should NOT be introduced into your system unless there is a serious medical necessity. Doctors . . . don't get me started! I'm certain that I'm nearly immortal, but I'm also pretty sure the two things that can kill me are doctors and bullets. I figure to avoid both for as long as I possibly can.

Off to crash with the family now. Catch you all on the most heinous day of the week!

Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sen. Talent's speeches go online with podcasts
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Finally, something you can download to your iPod that is perfectly legal.

take a look at my site Ranch