Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Sad Truth

So, he of many names (Mr. sryanhart!) saw deeper meaning behind my post of yesterday and in comments asked for an explanation of my angst. Ah, it would be nice if I could give some grand tale of tragedy overcome so you might be awed by my courage and fortitude in overcoming such extreme adversity!

Sadly, I was just whining because all my agent queries came back with form rejection letters.

(I know, pathetic ain't it?)

I started off writing about that yesterday (or I meant too!) but the post just got away from me and I wound up talking myself through my own little bout of petty depression while I was typing. Written words are cathartic to us overly-sensitive artistic types! :-)

Things are still hectic about the house now, so writing is suffering for it. The contractor has completely gutted everything at this point and is just starting in on the reconstruction. My wife is going to have a coronary if he doesn't finish soon. I don't know that she's going to make it another three weeks living out of boxes and surrounded by plaster dust. (between you and me, she's feeling a wee bit cranky about things right now but don't tell her I said so!) Work is gearing up into more insanity, but addressing it will mean setting aside all travel to other offices for the next few months, so I should be able to get back to doing regular daily writing on the lunch hour! That will be very cool. That is far and away my most productive time of day. Give me a tuna wrap, a rasberry Snapple, and my laptop and I'm a typing fool!! (as opposed to the regular fool I am at all other times!)

Here's a new thing: I have become addicted to the Blues lately. (have I mentioned this already?) I have an Internet radio station that play nothing but Blues all day long on my system. Don't know where the sudden fascination comes from but the pure musical ability of these artists fascinates me. No flash, no glitz, no remix, just some people with a handful of instruments and ability. Amazing. There is one song in particular that grabs me: "Take yo' drunken ass home" by Big Al Carson that has to be one of the most entertaining pieces of music I've ever heard!

Later!

1 comment:

SRH said...

Sorry to hear bout the form letters. Round 2 coming up?