Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Rockin' with Gordon!

Good Lord, this has got to be the slowest moving week in history! I swear, I thought it was Friday afternoon, yesterday at 9:00 a.m. !!!!

Aside from being tired, things are good. Yesterday was the wife's birthday (she's 29 of course!) we didn't have time to do anything other than give her a few cards and a small gift but we're heading out to dinner and a concert tonight (Gordon Lightfoot, dude!) The concert was actually her gift to me on MY birthday but we'll make a night of it together. I imagine we'll all be dragging ass in the morning but, such is life. You have to do the things you can, when you can, and worry about consequences later. (sometimes)

Got home last night to find that my house had walls once more! (2x4's anyway) It was a good sign of things to come. The wife was thrilled at the contractors progress (which means I was thrilled that she was thrilled!) We had our halloween party with the Scouts last night. It was a lot of fun. We did typical games like bobbing for apples (young kids do not fear this game. They smack their face, head, shoulders, and most of their upper torso into the icy water without a moments hesitation. They come up drenched and shaking off water like dogs but with a mouth full of apple!) I put together a Powerpoint presentation of one of our trips (complete with inappropriate though bubbles on all photos!) and the boys loved it. There wasn't a single person who didn't receive some small bit of abuse from me! The entire troop was there and all the kids and adults wore costumes. It was a great time.

I am sooooo looking forward to going out tonight. It's been craziness for too long and we need the break. Kicking back and litening to GL will be very cool. Cooler, even, because the boy is coming with and this is his first concert! We're seeing him in a small local theater that I love. It has fantastic acoustics so the show should be great.

I'm traveling tomorrow, so I may not get in a post but I'll try to let you know how things went.

Later!

No comments: