Thursday, October 13, 2005

Quick, Like a Bunny!

Traveling for work again, so just a quick post today.

Got a few hundred words done on "First" yesterday. Not nearly as much as I wanted but life (and the pain in my back!) are seriously interfering. Good news on the home renovation front: the contractor starts work TOMORROW!! (WooHoo!) it's only taken three months to get someone to actually come out, give us a price, and get started!

Back to work with the Crit Circle over on FM. Mel and Lee were both kind enough to crit the opening chapter of "First" for me. They both agreed: I let my description get away from me and wound up with a lot of chatter and very little action. (damn, and I thought I was being careful about that!) They both seemed to think the characters worked, and thought the setting was interesting, so I have some stuff to build on. I'll just have to think about where/when the story starts.

PBW has a great post on her site today about writing with speed. I learned this lesson doing NaNoWriMo and it's an important one to remember for all writers. Off to work now.

BTW: I'll be at home with the contractor tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll have a chance to post.

Later!

No comments: