Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Short Day

Got 2,000 more words done on "First". Good words too (I think) I like the voice that seems to be taking over my MC. He started off a little whiny but he's becoming more and more kick-ass as the book goes on, which is what I wanted actually, but I hadn't anticipated the change in his overall "voice". He's becoming harder and harder with each chapter. It's interesting.

I was late to work today (No, I did NOT oversleep!) I had to go to the town offices to handle the paperwork for all the permits I need for the renovations. Man, it is amazing how much paperwork beaureaucrats can require for such trivial crap. The demo is proceeding quickly, I now have a gaping hole staring down into my basement where my hall closet and stairs used to be. (With luck, I'll be able to keep the boy from using it as the Bat Cave!)

Anyway, very late in the day & I have Scouts tonight so I gotta run.

Later!

3 comments:

Krista Heiser said...

Permits suck. It seemed like every other day we were at the town or county offices pulling permits while we building our house.

Good luck with the renovations!

J.A. Coppinger said...

Sad thing is, I'm not doing anything that I should really need permits for but the town I live in actually pays bounties to the garbage men and police when they report construction work happening without a permit in the window. I have a dumpster in my front yard, so I have to get the permit just to avoid the grief the town'd give me otherwise.

They do want their income, don't they?

Later!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Just read your blog for the first time. And I def. plan on returning. I love fantasy writing. My favorites are LOTR and Raymond e. Feist's work. Any way I could take a look at your novel so far?