Tuesday, October 11, 2005

On the Move Again!

Ahhh . . . .

A 1300 word writing day. Not my best by any means, but I'll take it. I was beginning to worry with the 500 word clips! I think the problem was doing intro scenes for secondary plot lines. There were three short scenes from completely different POV's and on opposite sides of my world, so it took a little shifting of gears to get the voices just right for each. Now I'm moving back into my MC's viewpoint so I think it will flow more smothly again. I'm liking the scope that "First" is starting to take on. I'm looking at several solid sub-plots and a whole bunch of hidden schemes that are going to coincide in some very uncomfortable ways for my characters.

The back is feeling better today, though I am still avoiding bending at the waist as much as possible. At least I can sit for more than five minutes at a time without being in agony. The workout routine is definitely on hold until I can touch my toes without crying like a baby!

The Yankees lost last night. That's very depressing. I'm not a baseball fanatic but I do like it when the Yanks move into the post season. The wife and I like to sit and watch the games together. It's really the only time I'll sit and actually watch baseball anymore (when I was a kid that was all that was ever on the TV at my house!) I'll usually just flick past, catch the score and watch a half inning or so before cruising on but I do like post-season play when the Yankees are in it. I just can't get excited watching the Angels/White Sox, ya' know? Now Boston and the Bombers . . . That's worth watching!

Oh well, at least there's football! Lucky for me the wife is a big football fan too. (even though she is a Dallas fan, which is rather embarrasing, but what's a guy to do?) This Sunday will be great: Giants vs. Dallas!!! ALWAYS great days in my house! The boy and I razz, heckle, and generally abuse my wife for daring to cheer for anyone other than Big Blue. (whether we win or not!) It's a good family day, though I do get a bit testy if the Giants lose (which they never have, according to MY memory!)

Later!

No comments: