Thursday, March 02, 2006

Micro Wars!

Howdy, all!

I'm starting to feel almost like a real human being again. After work yesterday, I crawled home, dragged my ass down the hall to the bedroom, clawed my way up into the bed and sort of . . . squished myself under the covers. There I lay, begging God for a quick and merciful death (which of course, the mean SOB refused to give me!) Luckily, the vile microscopic beasties which had lain siege to my body's inner workings seem to have taken a severe ass-beating from my devoted hordes of antibodies (they just love me!) Charging forward upon their thundering white blood cells, my legions of biologic doom descended upon the ravenous invaders, shredding them limb from limb! Even as I type, the tattered remnant of the viral raider's army is being marched from the sacrosanct haven of Jimland via the secret passes of Nasalia . . .

Okay, I'm getting creepy now. The shorthand is: I slept it off and now I've got a ton of snot running out of me.

Busy-crazy week at work, or I'd have taken off today to get some more rest in. I'm still not at 100%. Problem is, with opening two more offices, I'm backstopping for the IT guys today & tomorrow, so I can't call out. Ain't that always the way? The nasty illness always waits until it KNOWS you have to go to work . . .

Writing - hell, it's been non-existent this week. The depression hasn't grabbed hold of me yet (I think mainly because I feel too bad physically to give a shit how I feel emotionally!) so I'm just hoping I can get back into it before the bleakness strkes. Tomorrow looks promising . . . barring any IT nightmares that come up, I may actually have time to take lunch and get some work done on "First".

Later!

3 comments:

Pixel Faerie said...

Hope it isn't contagious. *Types this comment wearing plastic doctor gloves*

Anyways, hope you feel better. :) I can't write when I'm feeling sick either but hope you can find the time to get back into it. You know what happens if you give yourself too much slack. ;)

Laters!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a laptop you can work in bed? Hope it passes soon!

Jean said...

I loved the first version. I know they say to make it direct and to the point, but I loved the imagery of first part.

Hope you're feeling even better soon.

(Word verification for this post is: toxzbgh. Hmmm)