Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Imaginary Imaginings

A 2,000+ word day on "First". I was up with the roosters again this morning, and cranked out a goodly bit of work. I spent my time over lunch today researching Agents. I found that using a combination of Agentquery and Preditors & Editors made for a quick process. I was able to search for Agents who handle fantasy/dark fantasy work and then process them through P&E to verify their legitimacy. Then I created a table on my system that had the Agent name, address, and URL. I intend to use it as part of a mail merge (oh, alright! The wife will do it for me!) to create all my labels, etc. when I submit.

Yes, that's right: my lazy ass is finally back on the track to hunting down an Agent! Actually, I do still have a partial out there at the moment that I'm waiting to hear back on but that won't stand in my way!!! (Unless . . . you know, they -like- CALL me!) I want to get a good number of queries out in the mail for "Slayer" ASAP & I'll be editing "Fish", so I'm hoping to start sending that around sometime next month (he dreams!) After that, I will move right into editing "Clans" and by that point, the first draft of "First" (no pun intended) should be done. (If it's not, I may have to do myself bodily harm.) Then I jump right into the next book, which I'm pretty sure is going to be another dark, urban, fantasy.

How's THAT for a writing plan? (Hah! Call me a slacker, will ya?) That should take me into autumn easily. Of course, during that time I'm sure "Slayer" will sell to a major publisher for a six-figure advance and I'll have several dozen movie studios knocking at my door --and throwing wads of cash at me-- to make it into a feature film. Then I'll be a multi-gazillionare and you'll all get to say "Oh, I knew him when . . ."

See? The imagination is still workin' fine! :-)

Later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you got your energy back!

Have fun with the Writing Plan :)

SRH said...

You seem to have found a new drive. This is energizing to see. I still offer you my services for maps. I would love to do some creative maps, I am tired of transportation planning maps.

J.A. Coppinger said...

Thanks, to both of you. I'm feeling good!

SRH - Don't think I've forgotten the offer! :-) Once I get an agent interested, I'll come knockin' on your door, my ugly sketches in hand!

Later!