Friday, March 10, 2006

A New Me!

The weekend cometh!

I am soooooooooo glad it does! It took everything I had to get out of bed this morning . . . I'm tired beyond reason. Hopefully, I'll get a better handle on things over the weekend. I'm helping one of the kids from Boy Scouts work his Eagle project and good things like that always help get me back in gear. I'm planning on making some major shifts in my personal schedule over the next week or two. I need to get some type of control over my life back. Writing, weight, work, home, family, etc., etc., etc. . . . I feel like I'm just half-assing everything. I don't like that, so I'm going to try a bit of time management. I'm working out a reasonable schedule that I really hope gives me time to handle all the craziness without, well . . . going crazy! I want to structure each day/each week so that I can address all the stuff I need to without shorting anything else and (hopefully) without burning myself out.

The good thing is, I can take a lot of hours out of my: sit-in-front-of-the-tv-and-mope-about-how-crazy-my-life-is time! Sadly, that has been a big issue . . . vicious circle sort of thing, ya know? Things are off kilter, so instead of fixing it, I sit and mope about it, sending it more off kilter. That in turn leads to more moping . . . You get the idea. It stops now though. this weekend will be busy and tiring, but it will also be rewarding. Next week, I will be setting aside a locked time for writing each day, and a regular exercise schedule also. I'll go back to watching what I eat (A tragic side-effect of moping is an overwhelming need to devour large quantities of cookies. No, really! It's a well known fact!) I will have time for the family each night, plus scouts, and time to do the other stuff that I need to do on the weekends.

That's the plan, anyway. The big thing is: I'm counting on the exercise to give me a good bit more energy so I'm prepared to do more than just stagger home and doze off on the couch after dinner each night.

Hey, don't think I forgot about you guys!!!

There's benefits for all my loyal readers in this too! Right off the bat, you won't have to read any more of my pathetic, "cryin' like a littl girl with a skinned knee" posts! (something I'm sure we're ALL tired of!) The new schedule will have time for writing, editing, and submitting my work so you should see lots more on the "Wannabe Writer" stuff soon. Hopefully, you may even find something to your own career useful hereabout. So, there's my promise, folks: no more whining from the fat, bald, guy! He's remembered that he posesses testicles (you know . . . when the wife let's me borrow 'em!) and he's getting back into the swing!

Enjoy the two days off, all!

Later!

1 comment:

Pixel Faerie said...

You are too funny. ;)

I've had a bad day yesterday too, sort of a 'I want to hide from the world' sort of day.

After some sleep I feel much better. :) Glad to see I'm not the only one realizing time management is important. Misery loves company I guess...

Toodles!