Friday, March 24, 2006

Stranger Than Fiction

Sometimes, things happens that you have to be a part of to actually believe. There are days when life has just moved your name to the top of its shit-list and all you can do is shake your head and laugh.

The wife is having one of those days.

This morning, she didn't hear her alarm and she woke up late (for which she yelled at me, promptly earning the karma which was soon to come!) When she went into the bathroom to take her shower, the doorknob broke; locking her inside! (yes, that's the sound of my gleeful chuckling you hear!) Poor woman was stuck --naked-- inside a tiny room with no way out. Lucky for her, I decided to overlook her yelling at me first thing in the a.m. and came down the hall to kiss her good-bye before I left. She is soooooooo lucky I did! I noticed the broken lock and spent the next 15 minutes freeing her from the dreaded clutches of bathroom exile . . .

So, after getting her out (with much laughter on my part!) I went to work. Barely had I sat down at my desk when my phone rings: it's the wife! Her car is dead. She's already late for work because of the whole bathroom thing and the car decides to give up the ghost! Now she has to call AAA, get the car towed to the mechanic, and then call a taxi to get to work. (yup, still chucklin' here!) To top it off, she was planning on going out with some friends tonight for dinner but now she has to wait for me to pick her up, take her to get the car . . . Yup, shitty day all around for the wife.

Oh, Oh, Oh!!!!! BTW: I forgot to tell you what happened to her Wed. night!!!!!

She called me on the cell because her car wouldn't start (you'd think this had something to do with this morning's problem, wouldn't ya? But no . . .) So, she sits in a parking lot for a half-hour, waiting for me to come and do my magic "man thing" to her car. I arrive, look in through the driver's window and say:

"You might wanna put the car in PARK, before you try starting it!" (I swear, she really did this!)

Heeheeheeheeheeheeheehee!!!!!!!!!

Oh yea! Much misery for the wife, much joy for my evil ass!

Don't worry though, things will balance between us as soon as she reads this blog! Trust me, kiddies: I will suffer a long and painful weekend for mocking her in such a public venue! (but, it's sooooooooooo worth it!) Heeheeheeheehee!!

Later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember, DEAR, the Revenge is a dish best served cold and I'm just the Bitch to do it . . . heheheheh

Jean said...

I'm glad you recognized your fate before hitting the final post button. I hope it was worth her wrath.

And I could hear the inflection in her comment--she's gonna get you good.

(I hear the making up part is good, though...enjoy--both of you.)

Anonymous said...

Does your wife have a blog? I'd like to read it. Especially today!
ROFL!

J.A. Coppinger said...

The Wife doesn't need a blog . . . she vents her frustrations the old fashioned way:

She makes her husband miserable!

Actually, she was too busy laughing to give me much grief. After years with me she's (finally!) developed a good sense of humor. (She claims she needs it being married to me, but I'm not sure what that means . . .)

Of course, she COULD just be waiting for me to lower my guard . . .

Later!