Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Unexpected Apologies

Got more work done on GS last night than I thought I would. I managed to get in nearly a full two hours (yay!) before stumbling off to bed. I am so tired it's not even funny, but the writing must go on, yes? (Of course, yes! If you didn't think 'yes' you wouldn't be here to read my ramblings!)

So, no sooner had I posted my wife bashing post last night than the woman walked through the door and apologizes. Yup, you read that right: she said she was wrong and apologized for everything she'd said. What an underhanded, sneaky, trick! How am I supposed to maintain a solid annoyance when she goes and undermines my anger like that? Wives are just completely unfair. They don't understand the rules of engagement and battlefield conditions at all! Have to say, that's the first serious apology I can remember getting from her. I damn near had a coronary on the spot (actually put a hand to my chest and pretended to collapse when she said it. That of course earned me a slap in the head. Still funny though. I amuse me.)

Still way too much to do at work. Good thing is they hired me a summer intern to help me out and the kid's gonna work out well I think. I've got him working on some stuff I just have not been able to get to for nearly a year and he's chewing through it. (Thank God!) The hours and deadlines are still nuts, but I did get a chance to stop in at FM and do a quick Crit for Lee. (Sorry for the delays, ladies!)

Here's a strange thing (maybe) that I've never mentioned. No one in my life knows about this blog. Not the wife, the boy, friends, family, co-workers . . . nobody. That just occured to me last night after I went off about the argument the wife and I were having. I wonder why I haven't mentioned it? No real reason, but it's just never come up in conversation. It's not the sort of thing you can just throw out there, ya know?

"Hey, how about them Yankees? Oh, and did I mention I have a blog?"

Nah, doesn't work. I haven't mentioned it to the wife because I know that to her it'll be another of those "little hobbies" that I get side tracked with and I'll get all bent about it. I like the anonymity of this blog and that I have no need to censor myself for anyone who might be reading. It's nice to just have a place where I can be myself. (Too bad for you that it's such a scary self!)

Well, back to the grind and craziness. Boy Scouts tonight & tomorrow night so I'll have to be satisfied with what little writing I can squeeze in before work & at lunch. Unless one of you kind readers would care to send me the winning numbers for next week's lottery . . . Anyone? Hello, anyone? Hey, where'd you all go?

Damn, I hate when they run from me!

Later, all!

1 comment:

SRH said...

Most the viewers of my blog, I think I actually know. Sometimes I wish they did not know about the blog. If I had it to do over again, I probably would not have told most of them about it.

Keep the anonymity going, it is probably for the best.