Thursday, April 14, 2005

Writerly Dreams

Okay, so I am definitely not going to make my April 15th deadline for the GS edits. Last night I got pulled out to run through a half dozen stores with thewife, buying things we need to work on the house this weekend. I'm afraid there's no escape for me this time, I'll actually have to do some work about the home. (sigh) It's the price I pay for going camping so much. The wife tries to fit in twenty things on the weekends I'm free to make up for the ones I miss with Boy Scouts. Oh well, at least it's going to be a nice weekend weather-wise.

GS Edits . . . that's where I was! I'm not going to finish by tomorrow. I still have a solid hundred pages to go and I'm doing more (unexpected) add-ins. I'm excited by it though, it's some really good stuff. It's the first thing I've done that I really think is publishable. I have two other novels that I wrote but they are definitely not professional quality and it would take way too much effort to make them so. Even the basic plots are . . . well, blah! GS, Clans, and Fish are all much better (I hope!) and with a good bit of editing and some polish I won't be embarrased to send them out. I just have to shake some time free at night to get more done. I'm getting a little bit done on most nights, and a lot done on some nights. Now if I could only get a lot done on most nights . . .

Have a trainee I'm working with at work today so no writing over lunch. I needed to work through to get him up to speed on how we do things hereabouts! I'm anxious to get back onto "Fish" now, I have some ideas on where I need to go next with it. I originally set it aside because I wasn't sure I had the skill to write what I needed but the last few months have really built my confidence in my own wrting abilities. I'm no pro yet, but I think I'm getting closer. (Or I could be a self deluding, talentless, moron . . . Hey! That wasn't nice! I was speaking rhetorically.) I really want to get GS and Fish done and out to market ASAP. I've waited long enough to start working at my dreams, I don't plan on waiting one second more than I have to!

Later!

No comments: