Thursday, April 28, 2005

Snoopy Dancin'!!!!!

Oh Yea! (much doing of the happy-Snoopy-dance!)

Godslayer edits are DONE! I hit a roll last night and pushed on through to the end. Major load off the shoulders! Now it's on to type-in (starting Monday) and then out the door. Waiting for Monday (crappy ass day!) because I'm off camping again this weekend. I'll be gone from Friday night through Sunday afternoon and when I get home I usually just crash. (Running an event for 200+ boys this weekend - I'll be whipped!) Tell you what, I am really thrilled about how the book came out (is that a good thing, or should it worry me?) I think it's got a lot of action and tight narrative. I'm still not sure on the final length but I figure it's gotta be somewhere in the 80k-90k range. That's a good first novel length, right? (Come on, folks: humor me!) That makes Novel #2 done for this year and #3 at about 80% complete. I don't know about the rest of y'all but for me, that's damn good work! Even better, I have two other novels waiting in the wings after I'm done with "Fish" (no work on that yet today.) I also have to do my Agent query letter now and start getting it out there. I figure I'll do that next week, when I start type in. I'm so psyched (yes, I'm a refugee from the 80's!) right now! I'm sure that will stop once the rejections start coming in but today is a very good day.

Speaking of writing, Holly Lisle (a wonderful author and a great help to those of us starting out) is having some career issues right now and could use a little bit of help. If you haven't already been, stop by here and read her request. I think she deserves a boost from those of us who use her site regularly.

Interesting story on the news last night about honey bees. Seems there are parasites that have killed nearly 1/2 of the bee population in the U.S. last year. The bees are a necessary part of many plants/crops pollination cycle and the loss can have dangerous consequences for the nation's agricultural industry. I'm totally fascinated by this. I had no idea the little guys were so important to our ecology (not to mention our economy!) Can't wait to see what this does to honey prices. That cup of tea may get pretty pricey!

Oohhh!! This story was real cool too! It's about growing human organs inside sheep. It works well from what they say but people are getting worried because the human cells are also growing in the sheep's brains! Cool, huh?

Man, if those two articles aren't Sci-Fi novels waiting to happen, I don't know what is!

Still feeling happy right now. Gonna go home tonight and just relax a bit (after packing for the weekend) and enjoy hanging with the family. Chillin' and watching toob with folks you love is always a good thing!

Later!

2 comments:

SRH said...

I forgot to ask earlier, but do you by chance need a map of your fantasy world generated? It is what I do, and all. I gots the mad skilz when it comes to mapping. I can map it Old School!

Let me know. Do you know if there is a way to exchange emails in this here forum securely. I don't want a bunch of insane idiots barraging me with emails if I post it on this here Intraweb.

Cheers and congrats, good luck on the query letters and such.

J.A. Coppinger said...

Godslayer & Fish are both based in this world so I don't need maps for either of those but Clans is a whole other thing, that's an epic type fantasy thing! When I get to the point where it's close to being ready for submittal, I think I'll take you up on that offer if you don't mind. I have some rough sketches but nothing book worthy.

Thanks!!!