Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Tired Ramblings

I am a tired camper today, folks. My cold is dragging me down for starters, plus the wife caught it so she kept me up half the night hacking away, and I just got back from four hours of travel for work today. UberHappyFunJoyGuy . . . that's me!

So, the partial is done, packaged, and ready to go. I just need to stop by the USPS tonight and mail it out. Man, did I ever keep that synopsis tight! Two pages (double spaced!) and out. I hope it conveys enough of the plot to catch the agent's interest. I'll let you know when I hear back. On the writing front, I did another 3,000 words on "First" yesterday. Good words too I think. Nice scene where the bad guys, who have been pretending to be good guys, reveal themselves to the reader (not to the MC of course, that comes much later, silly!) Also some nice foreshadowing of the REAL baddies lurking behind the two in the scene. Overall, a good day's work. No writing yet today . . . travelling instead. With luck I'll get some in tonight but I feel like dreck and will probably fall asleep on the couch after dinner . . .

Hey, here's a minor thing: I checked my stats today and I just crossed the 10,000 hits mark on this blog. That's pretty cool, huh? As far as I can tell, I have approx. 30 folks who visit me daily. That is VERY cool (to my sad little mind anyway!) so thanks to all you folks who hang about to listen to me ramble. (Thank GOD so few writers have actual lives! I'd hate to be here all by myself. ;-) )

Listening to Steve Miller doing "The Joker" on the radio right now (great tune!) You know something that truly pisses me off? When DJ's cut off the end of this song . . . you know: (fading softly out) " . . . you're the cutest thing that I ever did seeee. Really love your peaches wanna shake your treeeeee . . . ) It's the best part of the damn song and they always cut it off so they can get to commercials. I HATE that. TV has started doing the same thing with the final credits. I was watching "Ferris Beuller's Day Off" a few weeks back and they even did it to that (which has a lot of visual at the end!) They reduce it down to 1/4 of the screen and roll the credits by at high speed while they voice over with the "Up next on Dumb-Ass TV . . ." Doesn't that violate some type of legal agreement with the movie maker or something?

No?

Well, it should!

Okay, that's enough rambling. It's late and I'm headed for home.

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you and your wife are feeling better soon!
From one of your 30 groupies...

J.A. Coppinger said...

OOOOOOHHHHHHH! GROUPIES!!!

I always wanted groupies! What should I call you . . . Jim-ites? Jim-nasiums? Jim-eez? Jimmy-Jammers?

Okay . . . that's a little bit o' scary on my part. Maybe I'll just say: "Thanks, glad you're here." and move on, eh?

:-)

Later!