Monday, February 20, 2006

You Too?

Any U2 fans out there? Okay then, sing along with me . . .

Monday, Friggin, Mooooonday!
How Long, how long must this day go oooon?
How long, How looooOOOOOOooooonnng . . .

You get the idea.

I woke up sick as a dog and sore as hell from a very long weekend of working on the house. Of course, a ton of nightmare e-mails awaited my return to Corporate Happyland this a.m. and to top it all off, it's not only Monday, but it's another friggin' holiday I DON'T get off!!!!!

I vote we should get 360 holidays a year (but that's just me)

Well, at least I got some writing done at lunch: 2,200 words to be exact. I threw in (yet another!) side story into my already huge plot (why do I DO this to myself!) It just occured to me that I needed another viewpoint to lure the reader into the "coming of the bad guys". The problem is, my MC is gonna be totally surprised when they show up and I do NOT want to be accused of having the aliens show up in Chapter 14! (for those of you who catch the ref!) I now have three (and that's all, I swear!) viewpoint references that are foreshadowing their coming spaced throughout the book, one of which is the love interest who is on her way to meet with the MC as I speak (or type . . . or whatever!) Lord, but I do write me some long books. My total for today puts me just over 104,000 words on "First" and I'm really just hitting the mid-point of the story. OY! The numbers can be daunting some days, ya know?

The weekend was rough, but very productive on the home repair side. As of last night, we actually have a fully functional kitchen (with curtains, teapots, knick-knacks, and everything!) Of course, I still need to install the floor (next weekend's nightmare!) but then that room is DONE and I can move on to the next room. It was cool (in a mildly pathetic way) for the wife and I to stand in the kitchen last night staring lovingly at the curtains we had put up. It's been a room "Under Construction" for so long now, we'd given up hope of ever seeing it done. I was quite happy with how it turned out. It gives me hope that 'll have my house back again . . . one day.

Later!

No comments: