Friday, February 10, 2006

Anniversary

So, on a personal note (which is a stupid thing to say since the blog is completely personal, but bear with me, ok?) today is my 16th Wedding anniversary! Yes, the wife and I have both refrained from mutual homicide for an inordinate number of years. Sixteen years sound like a hell of a long time but it is damn scary how quickly it's gone by. Lots of ups and down, ungodly amounts of stress and all-in-all one hell of a great ride. I highly recommend it for anyone who has the chance.

Happy Anniversary, babe! I love you!

2,400 words on "First" today. Strangely, the section that was supposed to end with a small battle then pass back to the safety of the MC's home took quite a turn on me. For some reason, a monster dust storm capable of stripping flesh from bone showed up and is chasing their asses back home. It's a race to see if they can make the safety of solid walls before the storm hits. I don't know yet if they make it (better than half of them are wounded and the rest are exhausted) It was a fun, unexpected, twist and I can't wait to see how it turns out.


Ah well, it's Friday & I'm tired so I'm cutting this short. Talk to you all on Monday.

Later!

5 comments:

Jean said...

Congratulations!

Ah, refraining from mutual homicide. Hubby and I have made it for 11 1/2 years. Planning for many more.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! You don't think the dust storm is related do you? LOL

SRH said...

Happy anniversary!

J.A. Coppinger said...

Thank you all!

Nienke: hmmm . . . overwhelming force that devours life and destroys anything it touches?

Now what would THAT have to do with marriage??????

LOL!