Thursday, January 05, 2006

Don't Mess With Fate

We cannot tempt fate without eventually getting scorched by itAna Veciana-Suarez

Now, I know this. I've known it for years, and yet I alway let my dumb-ass self poke and prod at Fate's ribs like a little kid wanting his parent's attention. ("Fate, Fate! Look at me!") Fate of course is always happy to oblige and -much like any parent- does not hesitate to smack you upside the head when it finds you're being a wise-ass.

As we all know: Jim is ALWAYS a wise-ass.

So after my lovely post of yesterday espousing the wonderfullness of my life, fate smacked me in the skull. I got home, sat down to get some writing done and no sooner had I type the word "The", when the power supply on my system blew, filling the room with the lovely scent of burnt wire and ozone. (Oh yea, gotta love the smell of charred electonics!) Of course, it followed suit that my wife and I started bickering last night and by this a.m. we were in a full scale argument over how we are raising our son. (She's wrong of course, but don't tell her I said so!) And just to throw some fun in the mix, we have more contractor problems that I have to leave work early today to deal with. Oh, and last night I got no sleep because I was awake till nearly 3:00 a.m. stressing over the house, which is really odd for me. I NEVER stress. I'm usually good at just setting aside what I can't resolve and going to sleep, but not last night! (Fate was having fun with me, you see!)

So, no news on the writing today. I'm taking my laptop with me, to work from home today so I hope I can get some more done tonight after the contractors leave. I also have to pull the power supply out of the home desktop so I can see what type it is and order a replacement. Well, last night wasn't a complete bust . . . since I couldn't write, I DID get to watch a few episodes of "That 70's Show" while the wife and son were out at a family function. I love that show! It cracks me up. It's like watching old films of my teenage years. Too funny! I associate with Hyde. He is exactly the type of paranoid, evil, twisted troublemaker I was back in the day. Hell, I even had the bad perm and tinted foster grants for a while! The whole smokin' in a circle thing? Hell, that was an every day experience for us!

Ah well, gotta bail, I'm splitting early so only ten minutes to post while I scarfed down a sandwich.

Later!

No comments: