Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Big Numbers

Words for today (and a bit from last night) 2,800 . . . not killer, but not bad either. It puts me just over 80,000 words so far on "First" Hmmm . . . based on the outline, that's less than 1/3 of the book, which would put me at about 260,000 words (approx 1,000 pgs.) HOLY CRAP! That is one seriously large book! Damn, I may have to rethink parts of that, especially since it's only book one of a series (we all know I'm a series geek!) Man, that means if I'm averaging 2K/day, I'm looking at . . . 90 or so days until completion . . . say around end of April? Not too bad, I guess. Hey, at least I should have my house and office back by that time!

Funny. I can think of a time (not very long ago either!) when numbers like that would have scared the hell out of me or made me so depressed I'd give the whole thing up for bad business. Today: "1,000 page novel? No prob!" How cool is that? (patting self on back frantically.) Whatcha think? There may be hope for me yet, eh? Well . . . I won't start writing my jacket bio quite yet but it's a start.

So, exercise and dieting is going well (knock wood!) I'm at it every morning and being careful of what I eat. The body is feeling good, which is always nice, though I have no clue if I'm losing weight or not since the scale is lost somewhere in the contracting hell that was once my home! Probably a good thing actually. I cant obsess over the poundage if I don't know where I am. Maybe I'll just assume I started at: "Too Damn Fat" and am slowly making my way toward: "Somewhat Less of a Lard Ass" and leave it at that.

Other than that, not too much craziness for today. The contractor actually started painting yesterday, which means that most of the major construction work is done so I may return to a normal life sometime within the next decade after all! Work wasn't too bad today and the wife and boy are fine (neither mad at me for the moment, which is a rarity in itself!) Still listening to my 80's every day (diggin' on Run DMC & Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" at the moment . . . oh yea, I am HAPPENIN'!)

Oooohhh!!! Just realized: season premier of "The Shield" is on tonight. My butt will be watchin' that for sure. Great show. The SP of "Battlestar Galactica" was on last Friday, the boy and I watched together. He loves that show even more than I do. We were on the edge of our seats the whole time. Thing gets more intense every episode. If you haven't seen: go now (run, don't walk!) to the nearest vid-shop and rent Season One!!!!!!!!!

I'm a total geek, aren't I? (Yea, like you didn't know that already!)

Later!

1 comment:

Pixel Faerie said...

You're a geek? Who would have thought? :p

I haven't caught up with a lot of tv shows lately. I did like watching House for a while. I had to give up TV for a while to catch up on my TBR pile, which is up to my waist now I believe. ;)

Hope you get your house back soon.