Friday, September 02, 2005

Quick & Dirty

Queries are done, dude! (or dude-ette as the case may be.)

All I have to do is run them to the post office in the a.m. and I'm officially part of the publishing race. Of course, I have no delusions about the chances of pulling an agent on my first pass, but I have to get started sometime, right? I know I am gong to receive polite form rejections, but one must cling to hope. I will endeavor to face the rejection bravely and not cry like a little girl with a skinned knee! (he said, clinging tightly to his favorite teddy bear and bravely blinking back tears . . .)

Damn all for witing today, work hit me with a last minute bomb-shell that took my entire day, including lunch. I didn't even have time to respond to any e-mails today. Ah well, it's the day before a holiday weekend: folk'll just figure I wasn't around to respond. I did manage to settle the crisis in a way that made the boss happy and should save the firm a whole lot of money, so it's all good . . .

I just had a software vendor call me while I wrote this. I called her this morning for an emergency price quote, etc. and she only now (at 4:30 p.m.) called me back. I was all set to rip into her for not responding in a timely manner when she mentioned that she's in California. Damn those pesky time zones! I imagine a three hour delay is a justifiable excuse, but I'm still annoyed. Anyone I need to do ANYTHING should have 24 hour service! (how cool would that be?)

Anyway, it's late & it's a holiday weekend so I'm outta here. Just wanted to drop a quick note so you didn't think I'd fallen off the edge of the planet. Be good all. Have a safe and happy holiday.

Later!

No comments: