Thursday, September 29, 2005

Scary Trolls and other Noxious Things

Howdy all.

Still feeling like crap, but at least I'm a mobile form of feces today! (though that last sentence shows my mind is definitely not functioning well) Yesterday was the absolute worst. The day at work was non-stop, head was pounding, nose dripping, joint aching, and to top it all off we had the "open house" to go to. The idea for this farce was that parents moved from class to class in "periods" exactly as the children do, with the principal on the speaker telling us when to change classes. Let me tell ya': running across the length of the school in under three minutes with a migraine ain't my idea of big fun! All-in-all, I have to say the thing was a complete waste of time (though the wife thought it was wonderful) I make the boy give me a class-by-class rundown of his day when I pick him up after school each day so there was nothing new for me there. I knew going in what each of his teachers expected from him and what they were like from the boy. (have I mentioned he talks a lot?)

Tonight should be a calm night and I may (if I'm up to it) try to do some edits on "Clans". I did get to doing the intro section on the "One Pass Revisions" for it but that's all the writing related stuff I've managed for the last seven days. Yuck. A full week without a single new word to show for it. Life has just not been cooperating.

Big plan for the night is to just drink lots of O.J. and rest as much as I can. The nose and lungs are expelling strange yellow fluids now and I don't think I'm fit for human company, so hiding out in the house and vegetating is probably best for all. (sadly, the wife and boy will be assaulted by a wide range of vile sounds and demonstrations of the body's ability to generate noxious fluids and gases but that is the true price of love after all!)

Alright, that settles it: my mind is definitely wandering down strange paths now. I'm signing off and going to hide away with the other scary little trolls now.

Later!

No comments: