Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm Hurting!

Alright, I admit it: my ass is out of shape! I got back to the daily workout yesterday (finally!) and I am sooooo feeling it right now. My thighs feel like someone was beating them with a baseball bat. Other than that though, it’s not too bad. I’m a tad stiff here and there but generally it’s a positive thing. I’ve been meaning to get back at it for a while now (no, really!) but I wasn’t finding the motivation. The wife finally gave me the kick in the ass I needed (doesn’t she always?) to get going. She pointed out that we both could use some exercise and promised to work out with me every day. More importantly, she told me I was being an obnoxious, unpleasant, grump again and I better start working out or she was going to jump right into the middle of my shit with steel toed boots! As I’ve mentioned before, if I don’t work out I get depressed and that’s not good for the family.

No writing last night, the system was on the fritz and I spent three hours cleaning it up, defragging, and running anti-spyware on it. Today and tomorrow are tight as well. I have a trainee in today and tomorrow I’m on the road to our office in Ass-End, Nowhere. That’s a 2+ hour trip on good days and it’s Friday so it won’t be a good day. I’m hoping to get some work done tonight but I have to call the contractors who came by last week. Not one of these chuckleheads has gotten back to me with a price. How do contractors stay in business when they behave this way? It boggles the mind.

The boy went back to school yesterday and I was really glad to see how excited he was when he got home. He’s in all the Advanced Placement classes the school offers (Math, Science, and English) and he likes all his teachers. Best of all, he’s excited at the curriculum they have laid out for him. It’s some tough stuff, but he can’t wait to get at it. That is a very cool thing, indeed! He’s also has a computer course this semester that focuses on networking, maintenance, and using MS Office products so he’s thrilled about that. He also just finished “Eldest” by Chris Paolini and adored it. He says it’s better than (gasp!) Harry Potter and almost as good as LOTR. Understand: coming from my boy that’s about as big an endorsement as there is! I’ll be reading it myself over the next few days and I’ll toss you my opinion as well.

Later!

No comments: