Tuesday, September 13, 2005

On the Run

Ah, yes . . . another solid writing day! I was a typing madman at lunch today: got nearly 4,000 words done on "First" (Sweet!) I got drawn into an unexpected scene that was not in my original outline that I absolutely loved. My young MC has to square off on a trouble maker in his command and convert the man from wanting to kill him to becoming a loyal officer and he does it by kicking the man's ass. (I know, it sounds goofy, butI think it really works in the context!)

I got my first form rejection letter from my queries last night. Surprisingly, it didn't hit me as hard as I thought it would; I took it pretty much in stride. I think the ego boost of selling the story over the weekend was just what I needed to buffer against the rejections. I really don't expect to hit an agent on my first shot out of the gate, so I'm expecting more form letters over the next week or two.

Had a Boy Scout leader meeting last night, and our regular Troop meeting is tonight so I won't be moving any farther with the writing today, but that's cool: 4k works fine. Our next outing is going to be a canoeing/fishing trip. I am really looking forward to that!

Well, it's late in the day & I gotta run to pick up the boy. Just wanted to drop a quick note and let y'all know how the day went.

Later!

No comments: