Thursday, June 30, 2005

Synopsis part Deux

Arrgg!!

More completely crazy days! Writing anything at all has been damn near impossible. After all the traveling for work (over a thousand miles of driving this week: thank you very much!) fighting with the idiots at the pool supply store (who refused to give me a new pump, since my warranty only called for repairs . . . until they realized they didn't know how to fix my model and decided it was easier to give me a new one rather than have to actually read the instructions!) and a pleasepullthetriggerandblowthetopofmyheadoffnow migraine that knocked me out of commision last night I have done damn all writing.

Well, at least I had some time tonight to work on the synopsis for GS. I completed the second draft and I'm (sort of) happy with it. I'm a little worried actually. I've read in several places that you should write the synopsis in the same tone as the novel, but the book is very flippant and has a dark sense of humor. I wrote the synopsis that way (slightly toned down) but I'm afraid it sounds unprofessional. I did manage to keep the synopsis to 2-1/2 pgs. though, which I'm happy about. I want to go through it one more time before I send it out. I really want this to work well, ya know? Godslayer is a book I'm really proud of. It has a lot of humor and I think it has a solid romance (of the Tracey-Hepburn style, if your old enough to catch the reference) it has a solid fantasy-adventure tale and it touches on some very serious subjects like religion, duty, honor, and truth. I really think it's marketable and (to be immodest) I really like the writing. The whole thing just flows. Of everything I've written I think it reads the best: simple, direct, fast, and entertaining. Now I'm boiling that 80k of brilliance down into two or so pages and I have to hook someone to read all that great stuff based solely on this minimal description.

Oy vey!

Can you tell I'm scared shitless over sending out these queries? (Nah, I didn't think you could . . .)

Well, it's late in these parts and I want to read through some stuff before I turn in for the night. I'll talk to ya' tomorrow . . .

Later!

No comments: