Friday, June 03, 2005

Quick and Dirty Weekend

Ah, Friday!!!!

It's late in the day and I only have a few moments to post. Just wanted to give you the quick and dirty on the weekend:

First - I'm off to a "couples" baby shower with the wife tonight (what the hell is that and how'd I get roped into going?)

Second - The boy is spending the weekend with his grandparents so hopefully I get some time in for writing (though I know the wife is thinking: Yardwork!)

Third - My younger brother's wedding is Sunday night (yea, Sunday!) should be fun to see the whole gang. Having to work on the next (evil) day sucks though.

Fourth - Since the boys away, maybe a little "alone" time for mom & dad, eh? (wink, wink, nudge-nudge . . . say n'more, ay?)

Fifth - don't really have a fifth, so I'll say good weekend to all!

Later!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Yeah. Yardwork was the first thing on my mind when I read the boy was going to be spending time with grandparents. After yardwork, who feels up to "wink, wink"? Of course, I'm certain you're just preserving your wife's on-line virtue.

Couples baby shower? Beats me. I think it means the guys are dragged in so they can play dumb games, too. You'll get a point for going and not complaining. Maybe it will get you off the hook for extensive yard work, leaving more time for...writing.

J.A. Coppinger said...

Ahhh,

I earned major brownie points by going to the shower & not whining, so all I had to do was a quick mow of the lawn in the a.m. and the rest of the day was mine!

Thanks for the advice!