Thursday, June 16, 2005

A Synopsis of my Synopsis

I spent nearly four hours at home last night working on the computer. Sadly, only about an hour of it was for writing purposes. I got caught up in doing some paperwork for Scouts as well as researching refinancing options on the home. Prices in my area are going through the roof and I currently have an ARM (don't ask: I was stupid and desperate when I took it!) that is set to jump up 3% next month so it's time to lock in a fixed rate.

I did manage to do a full chapter of GS and I'm a little worried right now. I'm down to the final two (longish) chapters & an epilogue but I did no additional write-in for either of those. It was just line editing and while I was happy with it when I was editing, now I'm nervous there's not enough there. I'll see as I go - I may just be nervous because I've reached the end of my write-in notebook. I also took a few moments to try and do some more work on the synopsis. I opened it, read through what I already had . . . and closed the document with a whimper. Oh my Lord, does it suck! I don't know what kind of mind altering chemicals I was on when I wrote that but please God - don't ever let me take them again! The whole damn thing has to be completely scrapped and started again. (How frikkin' depressing is that?) The query letter itself is okay (I shamelessly stole from various writer sites for it) but the synopsis is dog crap.

Tomorrow I'm off to are most distant office which -while tedious- comes with the benefit of me never having to come into HQ for the day! (That's always a good thing!) I can slide up there first thing in the a.m, do my training, and hopefully be out and home before the worst of the evening traffic hits the Garden State Parking Lot. (That's "Parkway" to you non-Jersey folk.)

The boy is down to 1/2 days at school. He only has three days left and he is one happy camper. He is so looking forward to the summer. Damn, I miss summers! I would kill to have two+ months of no deadlines, meeting, phone calls, arguments, or any of the general stupidity that breeds so readily in the office environment. I want to sleep till 11:00, eat PB&J for breakfast, go swim in the pool for a few hours and walk about in bare feet all day! Piss on this whole "adulthood" thing! I wanna summer vacation!!!!!!

Okay, back now.

Okay, so it's late in the day & I need to grab a few things from HQ for the trip tomorrow so I'm bugging outta here. I'll catch you folks, tomorrow . . .

Later!

No comments: