Friday, January 19, 2007

On a Roll

Got 4/5 on my SCWWE (did I tell everone Jean gave me an alternate pronunciation? "Scwewy" ala Elmer Fudd . . . much nicer, don't ya think?) Only thing I missed last night was the Walking, cuz it were actually snowing here last night! Well, it was more of a slushy rain; but there were white particles floating about in the midst of the dreery rain, so I'm counting it as our first snow of the season. Been damn warm here in Jersey this year . . . this week was the first time temps went under 40 in my area. Screw all you environmentalists! Global warming rocks! No shoveling, no freezing my ass off while scraping ice off my windshield . . . I'm a BIG fan!

Okay, enough weather. Did another 1,200 words on "First" and edited a chapter of "Fish". I also started printing up a load of queries to submit on "Slayer". See? I told you I wasn't giving up on it yet! I've got a bunch to print out (query, synopsis, and first chapter!) so it's gonna take a couple of days to get it all printed and organized. The Wife was a huge help on this. She took care of doing all the mail-merge, address swapping, technical stuff in Word for me. I suck at that stuff. I make my living teaching folks how to work with computers but things like that make my head hurt.

Busy weekend coming. The Boy has an entrance exam tomorrow for the High School he wants to attend. It's a cool program but not easy to get into. It's a county school and they only take two kids per school district. Very competitive, and it all hinges on the test. Luckily, he usually aces these standardized things. He's always in the top 2% of every subject. I hope he does really well, he wants this school a lot and he'll be disappointed if he doesn't get in. It won't be a major deal if he doesn't. The local HS is excellent. We live in one of the best school districts in the state . . . The Wife made sure of that before we bought here. I remember laughing at her because we didn't have a kid at the time and we were planning on moving again in 2-3 years. I figured it was just one of her usual anal-retentive, panic induced, Wife moments. Boy was I wrong! nearly 15 years later and we're still here and the school system is the primary reason. Good job, babe!

On other fronts, The Boy and I have to help out one of the kids from Scouts with an Eagle Project this weekend. It's gonna be cold and unpleasant but what can you do? The kid running it only has about 3 weeks before his 18th birthday (which means he can't make Eagle if it's not done!) He's a really great kid that everyone wants to see make it so the boys are turning out in force to help him out. It should be fun actually. We have a good crew of folks and we always have a good time when we do projects together.

On that, I'm gonna split. Lunch is about over and I've got a ton of crap to handle at work today.

Later!

1 comment:

Jean said...

Glad you like the pronunciation.

Good luck to the soon-to-be (hopefully) Eagle Scout and the guys helping him complete his project.