Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Acronymity

Houston, we have progress!

I'm working with a new concept in writing that I like to call: SCWWE (which would be pronounced "Suck-We" which maybe isn't such a good acronym . . .) Anyway, it's my new effort at being productive in my daily routine and it goes like this:

Shop - Picking up of necessary food on way home from work (I HATE this part!)
Cook - Cooking of food from step one above. (I actually enjoy cooking, The Wife hates it!)
Walk - Walking of doggy (and exercising of my fat ass!)
Write - Adding new words to novels (self explanatory, no?) Min. 1,000 per night.
Edit - Editing on a completed novel (as much as I can tolerate at a sitting - no pressure!)

SCWWE - simple! Alright, so brilliant with the acronyms I aint, but the point is that's the goal I'm working on. So far, so good! The big key is to keep the running about on weeknights down to a minimum. Life will, of course, interfere but if I can get to SCWWE four nights out of the week, then I'm golden!

Been writing on "First" and editing "Fish" this week. moving along pretty well on both, which is a nice change. The last month or so of '06 I was dying when it came time to get some work done. i was burnt out. The vacation through December was just what I needed . . . a little space to let the brain sort itself out.

Later!

3 comments:

Jean said...

Or "Squee-We" which my mind turned into the Elmer Fudd version of "Screw We" or maybe just "Screwy" (not quite so bad) so that isn't much better.

Jean said...

Smart ass comment aside, it sounds like a good plan. Congrats on your progress so far this year.

J.A. Coppinger said...

Ooooh! I like "Scwewy" much better! I can hear Elmer singing now:

"Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit . . ."

Yup. That's a much better pronunciation! :-)

Later!