Friday, October 20, 2006

Dull Post Friday

It's Friday and I'm feeling MUCH better. Sleep is the key to all illness! I just crashed the last two nights, skipped my workouts, and just let the body fix itself. Right now I'm feeling good. Still have a little tickle in my sinuses but that's aout all. Hopefully it won't come back.

Things are going really well on my outline for NaNo this year. I decided to take the general plot and push it through the filter of Campbell's "The Hero's Journey". It's working nicely. The story altered itself into something a lot more dramatic as soon as I started working it inside that framework. I actually wound up shifting the entire novel to a completely different locale and that really changed the story (for the better, I hope!) This will be a tough write for me. The MC's are really outside my own areas of experience so I'm really going to have to push to make it work.

On other fronts . . . well, there aren't any other fronts at the moment. Things have been pretty quiet at home (for a change!) and I haven't paid attention to much besides my illness for the past two days. This weekend will be another crazy one. Fundraiser for Boy Scouts tomorrow a.m., then dinner at my brother's tomorrow night. Sunday, the boy has a friend coming over to do a school project and I'm fairly sure the wife has something else planned for me to do. If not, I may get a little more work done on the house (minor stuff - it's FOOTBALL day after all!) The big thing I want to do is get the last of the trim for the upstairs purchased. We need to buy, and stain, it so that I can finally put this damn renovation to rest! We (as in: The Wife!) has been meaning to do the staining for months now but it hasn't happened yet (That's a subtle hint, dear!) She claims to have been too busy doing EVERYTHING else around the house (by herself, of course!) but I ain't buyin' it! Hell, there's 3-4 hours every night where she does nothing but lay in bed and snore! Talk about lazy!! (That's a joke, babe . . . put down the knife. No, really . . . Put it down!!!)

Umm . . . gotta run far away now!!!!

Later!

2 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

I'm glad you feel better.
Enjoy football day!!!

Unknown said...

Glad you're on the mend. I'll tell Carmen Electra to stop the healing dance and put some clothes back on. Contact me, though, if you want the YouTube link :)