Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Recharging

Hey!

Just a quick post today, as I'm buggin' outta work early to spend the afternoon with the family. I believe we're gonna do some bowling and other indoor type things since it's been raining non-stop for the past five days hereabouts . . .

So, I used Inspiration to outline the remaining threads from "First" yesterday. Wow! It flew! I got details lined up and connected for four different story lines, with details on each and their resolution. Even got in the day by day details for a running battle to stall an advancing army. All in under an hour. I can't tell you how much easier that lets me breath! A lot of the fear I had about finishing "First" is gone, simply because I can look a tthe screen and SEE where everything ties together. Nice!

I've been taking a formal vacation from actually writing for the last two weeks. I've actually wanted to do some work but I'm not letting myself. I realized, while doing my whole "Life Plan" that I needed a little breathing space from the inner demands to "accomplish" so I took a vacation. I will return to writing on a daily basis -at a set time, BTW- when my son returns to school next week. I may not get a summer vacation from the day job, but writing is my chosen profession, wherein I am my one and only boss (at the moment) so I can take time off if I need to. It was a good idea - I'm looking forward to starting up again. Guess I just needed a recharge.

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea: a recharge. Have a great afternoon with the family!

SRH said...

Recharging is an absolute necessity!