Friday, June 09, 2006

Just Rambling

It's late on a Friday afternoon and my ass is draggin' today. The week has been non-stop at work: nothing too stressful, just a lot of crap that had to be done. I did have some time last night to do some more work on the worldbuilding for "First" (woo-hoo!) Not a whole lot but it's better than nothing. I don't know if it's because Summer's on the way or what but I just can't seem to find the time and/or motivation to get anything substantial done. (sorry, I know how boring it is to read a blog about someone NOT writing!)

I was thinking about "First" as I was driving out to one of our regional offices yesterday (hence the reason for no post!) I really like this book. It has a solid feel to it, ya' know? Sure, there's a lot of work still to be done but I already have the next book in this series churning away in my head and I'm setting up a lot of the events yet to come in this work. I am (of course!) worried that doing a multi-book epic fantasy mya not be easy to sell without a previous track record but what can ya' do? It's the work that's pulling at me right now. I do still have "Fish" to edit and that's a stand-alone, so maybe if I can get that done and in the mail, I might get it published and then selling "First" would go easier, no? (how's that for optimism!) I have "Fish" all printed out, in it's three-ring binder, with all the notes, etc. I've done for it so far in place, I just have to get down to doing it. Work has bee nchewing up all my lunch hours and weekends still belong to the house (or family things) while the nights seem to be taken up with shopping, (for the house!) running about for Scouts, or just crashing on the handful of nights I have free.

I also have to worry about my health now. (well, I SHOULD have worried about it earlier but I didn't!) Weight loss and exercise are going to have to take a priority. I need to get the cholesterol way down and weight loss will (no doubt) make a big difference in my energy levels. Kind of a nasty cycle though: I feel too tired to get started on a program, which is the only way I'm gonna increase my energy level, but I'm too tired to get started . . . and on ad infinitum.

Funny in a masochistic sort of way. Anyway, I'm out. Good weekend to all, chat you up on Mon-frikkin-day.

Later!

No comments: