Monday, June 26, 2006

Computer Monday

I wonder if Mondays are as frustrating for people who don't work with computers for a living? I swear to you; the perverse little bastards take great pleasure in tanking on Monday mornings. Why? It's not like they've been doing anything all weekend! The office was closed, for chrissake! But noooooooooo . . . the computers have to get all bitchified and give me crap, just cuz! I'm telling you all: the computers are alive and plottin' on us!!!! They're not planning on taking over the world, oh no! Nothing that cliche' for them! Instead, they just intend to annoy us for all eternity and chuckle at out misery in the infinite cyber world that only their terrabyte brains can access . . .

Ah well, never mind. (little side trip, but I'm back now.) To sum it up: IT'S MONDAY AGAIN!!!!

How's everybody doing today? I'm doing good, thanks for asking!

Surprising, eh? I've actually been feeling really good for the last few days. The changes I've made health-wise seem to really be making a big difference. As soon as I figure out if my moronic psyche is able to implement them in the long-term we shall discuss them here (I promise!) in the meantime, I don't want to spout about them now -and how wonderful they are- then have to blog next week about "Oh yea, I stopped doing that." (again!) Right now though, I'm just not feeling sick for the first time in a VERY long time and I'm loving the hell out of it!

Writing - I did background work today mostly. Some ancient history that probably won't make it into "First" but it's stuff I need to know. It was kind of fun actually. I took the questions I had written about my world's history, characters, etc. and started answering them off the top of my head. I have a rough structure of where/how they fit in based on the story but the details of it are surprising as hell. From what I can tell, most writers don't work this way but it seems pretty comfortable for me. It may seem a little back-asswards but hey: when have you ever known me to be anything else?

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm so glad you are feeling well! I also want to thank you for your advice in your last reply. It makes sense and the naked honesty of your answer really made an impact on me (I think when you write that way it is very powerful). It's also a bit of a relief to hear someone else admit that their own words have packed a punch. It makes me feel less creeped out by the whole thing. Lynn

Anonymous said...

It's nice to hear you're feeling good! I've made some changes in my health lifestyle too, so I know what you're going through. What is this strange feeling? Energy? Motivation? And, as far as writing goes, they say to do what works for you!