Monday, June 12, 2006

Early Monday

How can you tell when your Monday is gonna be real bad?

When it starts kicking your ass on sunday night! Oh, I kid you not! Today I was supposed to be heading out to a training facility where I've set up an extensive program for my company. I'm not teaching, just overseeing this one, and for some reason I could not remember what exit I needed to get off to get there. So, about 11:30 last night (whilst on my way to bed!) I hopped quickly onto the internet and grabbed the directions. No problem. Now don't ask why, but I decided to check my work e-mail while I was online. What the hell was I thinking???? Like there's anything important that might be waiting for me at 11:30 on a Sunday evening, right?

Oh, was I wrong!

The trainer for the seminar ate some bad chinese food or something (damn cats!) and is hurling out of every orifice in his body (nice visual, eh?) No way he can make the seminar, he has to cancel and I (lucky bastard that I am!) now have the responsibility of notifying the dozen or so attendees (who are supposed to BE THERE by 8:00 a.m.) that the whole thing is a no-go. So I started my day today by crawling out of bed at 5:00 a.m. so I could shower, shave, dress, etc. and be in the office before 6:00 a.m. so that I could (hopefully!) call all these poor folks and let them know not to drive an hour or so out of their way for a non-existent seminar. Of course, the company directories had no cell numbers for any of them and I had to go nuts scrambling through our records to get home phone numbers. Oh man, did I make a lot of families happy by calling their home at quarter after six in the a.m.!!!!!!

And that was just the start of my day. It's been a typical Monday, aggravated by the fact that I'm tired, have a sore back, and a vile case of heartburn. Fun fun fun!

Well, at least I managed to finish up my read through and note taking on "First" over lunch today. I now have 10 pages of items that I need to map, flesh out, detail, and/or answer questions about. I actually think that'll be fun for once. Wish me luck, huh?

I'm too tired for a longer post. In case you haven't noticed, I'm NOT an early morning person. I think anyone who willingly wakes up before 10:00 a.m. is secretly plotting the overthrow of the world and should be executed immediately! Of course, I also get a little cranky when I'm tired so feel free to ignore that last . . .

Later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more about morning people-there's definitely something wrong with them. I agree with what you said on Friday about getting FISH in the mail. Go for it! Get that puppy published-I want to read it! Lynn

Anonymous said...

Great idea about getting Fish out and then having an easy road to getting First published. Wish I thought that way. As for your recent posts about motivation, I suppose suggesting getting up early to write is out of the question...

J.A. Coppinger said...

Cool! I actually have a fan waiting for my next (ok, first) novel! Thanks, Lynn.

Nienke - I've tried the early morning thing before. It doesn't work for me. My mind doesn't work well until at least mid-morning. I actually find that the best time for me to write is between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm. Sadly, the boss would frown if I took all that time away from what he pays me for! :-)

Later!