Thursday, July 14, 2005

Planning and Parties

Another fun day at the grind and another day of not enough writing time. (Yea, I know I'm spending some of it here intead of on the novel but this blog helps keep me focused on getting the work done. I can't disappoint you -my loyal fans- now can I?) I'm also up to my eyeballs in planning the Summer Camp for my Scout troop this year. The amount of organization, paperwork, and planning for something like this is horrifying. (Don't believe me? YOU try planning a full week of 14 hour days for 45 people -all doing different things- and come talk to me!) Even so, I'm looking forward to the trip. An entire week in the quiet woods on a huge lake with nothing to do other than play frisebee with the boys and make sure they get where their supposed to be for their merit badges? Yea, I can live with that!

I did alright at the writing last night, got about 2k done on "Fish" and concluded the little pre-ending scene very nicely. I hadn't planned on it but I like it. It breaks up the suddeness of the ending and sets (I think) the right dramatic tempo as my two MC's move into the final scene of the book.Problem is of course, I have no idea how that's going to play out. Oh, I know how it ends but how I'm getting them there . . . not a clue.

My wife is a little annoyed right now (for once: not at me!) The boy has been invited to three birthday parties in the last three weeks, which is a good thing, but she's a bit annoyed about how they've been scheduled. See, this here is a two-income household. The wife & I both work full time to maintain our place in the food chain (which I figure at somewhere just above corn . . .) but the mothers of the birthday boys do not. They all scheduled their party to start at 4:00p.m. on a Friday afternoon. They are all pizza & a movie type parties so I can understand they want to get to the last matinee show but it's a little rough on those of us who work for a living! The wife gets very annoyed by things like this. I think she feels like a bad mom because she can't stay home and do the same for her boy. She shouldn't though. she's a great mom and the boy's well adjusted, happy, and only needs to be beaten three or four times a day! What more can one ask for, eh?

You know what? I'm gonna go tell her that!

Later!

No comments: