Friday, July 08, 2005

My Evil Plan of Luckiness!

I think I've come across a great new way to get myself books for reading without having to pay for them or visit the library: just keep entering contests on the web sites of writers I enjoy!

I saw today that I was one of the winners of Paperback Writer's (aka . . . well, you pick it and she's written under it!) "Take PBW's Books, Please" contest. I was selected to receive a copy of "Home for the Holidays" (written as Rebecca Kelly) for an inspirational quote I submitted. Thanks, PBW! BTW: if any of you folks have never been to this site, stop in immediately! It's one of the finest writing sites on the WWW.

Couple that with the ARC copy of "Talyn" I got from Holly Lisle and I'm well on my way to a wealth of freebie books from wonderful novelists! WOOHOO! I'm feeling good about myself right now - that's two back to back wins for me, and quite frankly: I'm the kind of guy who couldn't win a $1.00 lottery if I bought a million tickets. Maybe some of that luck will hang about for the agent submitals, eh?

It's Friday, which is always good. I got out of work early and I just dropped the boy off at his best friend's for a birthday party. They're going to see Fantastic Four and the boy is very excited. He's become quite the comics geek over the last few months, since I broke out my old (extensive) collection of Marveldom and let him have at it.

Got to bed late last night - the wife and I had a very long conversation about . . . well, everything I guess. Mainly, we were talking about the fact that we don't talk as much any more (yea, I know it sounds dumb . . .) and why. It was actually very nice. The last few years we've been so busy we've started to drop out of touch with each other. Last night it was great to just sit back and talk and enjoy being alone together for a bit. After fifteen years together (longer if you count dating!) it can become way too easy to ignore the person across the table and forget why you've been together for so long. It's nice to know that we both still actually like each other. Oh, we both know we love each other but liking someone . . . that's a lot harder to do. It makes me happier than I can tell you to know we both think the other is still pretty cool to hang with.

As usual, I'll be offline over the weekend. I will be working on home renovations, writing, and some minor yard work (pending the weather of course). With any luck, I'll get remarkable amounts of writing done and have wonderful news for you all when I return on That-Day-Whose-Name-We-Do-Not-Mention.

Later!

No comments: