Monday, July 11, 2005

Monday Bites

G'day, all!

Pretty quick post today because Monday has (as usual!) sunk it's large and poisonous canines into the tender flesh of my sensitive backside. Y'know, I am sure that at one point there was an angel up in heaven who went to God with the concept of Monday and said: "Gee, Lord, I have this great idea . . ." I hope the bewinged bastard was one of those who took the Great Fall. The thought of him lost forever in a lake of burning pitch is a great comfort to me.

The writing was sparse this weekend (only 600 or so words) and I'm beginning to think life is seriously conspiring against me! Every time I turn around lately, some damn emergency is pulling me off the writing and it's making me nuts. It's also causing me grief with the wife because I'm (trying to) steal back writing time by clipping out some of the household duties I'm supposed to handle (Gee, can't imagine why that bugs her . . .). This weekend was an exploding hose on the pool, followed by an unexpected shopping trip my wife dragged me on in the afternoon, followed by a three hour argument over home renovations, followed by unexpected guests, etc., etc., etc. . . .

I really want to get the first draft of "Fish" done this week and start on the edits for "Clans". I also would like to start on the new novel, but I just don't think I'm going to have time between work, scouts, and our summer schedule.

I have a doctor's appointment today to get a physical so I can go to summer camp with my Boy Scout troop. I hate doctors. I am convinced that they are the leading cause of death in this world. (Hey, estimates say that nearly 95% of all deaths occur among people who have been seeing doctors - you can't argue with numbers!) I go when I have no other choice and I always confound them. They always want to give me the "you need to drop some weight" lecture but the tests always shut them up. My blood pressure is low, my cholesterol is low, my heart functions are damn near perfect and I'm generally healthy as a horse. They always give me the "lose the weight" lecture straight off, then scratch their heads and mumble under their breath when they get the results back. Quacks. (Oh, okay - so I DO need to lose some weight, but it's funnier this way . . .)

That's it for now. Gotta get back to the joy of Monday . . .

Later!

No comments: