Monday, December 20, 2010

Murderous Elves

So, the weekend was good . . . went to see TRON on Saturday morning (good, but not great) and to the company holiday party Saturday night. Party was nice but truly, the best part was when we were leaving and The Wife (who was driving cuz I had a few drinks) became very pissed off and yelled at me when I tried to give her directions on how to get home: "I'm driving, not you! I know where I'm going so just shut up!" Cool. I just turned on the radio and sat back, watching the pretty lights go by. Now, I had driven to the party and it took us 35 minutes to get there. After 45 minutes of driving along god forsaken back roads The Wife was finally at the point where she had no clue at all where we were and asked at an intersection: "Which way should I go?" to which I replied: "Oh? Are you speaking to me? I just want to be sure cuz, ya' know: YOU'RE driving and know where your going, so I don't want to offend by answering rhetorical questions or anything." (Yup, I'm that big of a dick!) Oh, you should have seen her face go through nine shades of red and purple, but she'd been wrong and she knew it. She had to bite her tongue and apologize and ask me for help getting home. The sad part is, she had gone in the completely wrong direction and was actually on the entire wrong side of the state! Luckily, I knew exactly where we were and I was able to get us on a road for home in two quick turns. So, what was a 35 minute ride in took us two full hours getting back cuz The Wife was feeling all "empowered" and shit. There's a lesson to be learned there folks . . . I'll let you decide what it is. :-)

Yesterday I got to watch my Giants take the most humiliating defeat in the history of football . . . no more need be said on that sad subject. :-(

We started watching Christmas cartoons last night (we have them ALL on dvd!) and I was very entertained watching "Rudolph". A guy on the radio last week had been talking about the thing in that show that bugged him most: that when Rudolph leaves Yukon and Hermie on the Island of Misfit Toys that he leaves the door to the house open . One would think that leaving the door wide open on such a tiny house at the North Pole would wake up the other occupants (yea, I know it's just a cartoon but the illogic bothers me too, k?) So The Boy and I were looking for other logic flaws in the show (much to The Wife's annoyance) We found quite a few but I won't bore you with them, except for the one that made me laugh hysterically. The Boy caught it while I was down the hall using the "facilities"; he bust out laughing and calling for me to come back to the living room.

I don't know if this was intentional on the part of the creators, or just an oversight, but when The Boy showed it to me my evil sense of humor burst into high gear. You know how on the Island of Misfit Toys, there's a bird who can't fly, he only swims? Well, if you watch the closing credits carefully, you'll see that the elf on the back of Santa's sleigh is giving each toy an umbrella to parachute safely down to their  new homes. At one point, the bird comes out of Santa's bag and the elf starts to give him an umbrella, then looks from the bird, to the umbrella, then back again and gives this big smile before pushing the bird out without an umbrella. Dude, it's the bird that can't fly!! That evil little elf kills one of the toys Santa just rescued! That was funny as shit to me! (yup, I'm evil that way.) Forty years of watching that show and I never noticed that before . . . awesome!

I'm out!

No comments: