Monday, December 13, 2010

Crashing

. . .

Just not feeling it today. Wanna be home, relaxing, napping . . . the GOOD stuff! :-(

Weekend was very nice (hope y'all can say the same!) We did the decorating/trimming of the tree for Christmas and went to see the latest of the Harry Potter films. Movie was good, if a little slow at points (but I expected that, the book was verrryyy slow in the first half.) Overall, I was pleased with it. The Potter films have to cut a lot of info from the books out but I think they've done a good job of getting the story across with the time limitations of a feature film.

Ok, so here's a total geek item - I just heard about the new program slated for HBO this spring: "A Game of Thrones" based on the first book of George R.R. Martin "Song of Ice and Fire" series. Holy shit, batman! I LOVE these books and the trailers for the series look awesome (Dude: Sean Bean -aka Boromir- as Lord Eddard Stark!!) I'm getting me some HBO, folks . . . no way in hell I'm missing this show.

The meeting with The Boy's B&G Rep went well. I mostly sat on the side and listened while my son handled the interview (it is HIS life, after all!) and he did very well. The rep was highly impressed, particularly by his SAT scores (The Boy blew the doors off the damn thing!) and the way he handled himself in the interview. The Boy speaks well and is not the least bit rattled by authority figures or stress situations. He done good! :-)

No writing, just fixing up the house all weekend and teaching seminars today at work. Maybe some tonight, we'll see . . . like I said though, I just wanna go home and crash.

I'm out.

No comments: