Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Mucho Crazy!

Man, what a nutty week!

Saturday: We were at a Boy Scout function ALL day long. Fundraiser: much cooking of pasta!

Sunday: Had my Mom over, went to a play (Camelot) and dinner. Good time.

Monday: Took The Boy to the dentist after an insane day at work. The Wife also did the dentist and got a lovely drill & fill for her troubles. (No, not from me you perverts!)

Tuesday: Boy Scout Court of Honor. Our Scoutmaster retired, so it was a big one and very long. Went well though. I did a presentation about the man and it was well received.

Tonight: The Boy sees the orthodontist and then has a swimming session. The Wife is off to a Pampered Chef party at my sister-in-law's house. (The salesman is a guy who sings and dances as he takes your money for useless crap. Big fun!)

Tomorrow: I don't know, but I'm sure there's something! (I'm getting senile!)

Friday: Off to NYC for the weekend! Takin' the train in with the family. Seeing "The Pirate Queen" on Broadway. (Yes, I AM a big fan of the theater! Wanna make something of it?)

Saturday: Watching the St. Paddy's parade, (I am a full-blooded Irishman after all!) then seeing "Spamalot" on Broadway! (Monty Python rocks!)

Sunday: Back home on the train, then off to my brother's, where we're doing a family gathering thing. (I'm pretty sure I'll be a zombie by that point!)

Much insanity.

I'm still plugging away on the "Slayer" changes though! I'm nearly 70% done and I've cut out a few thousand words. The agent is definitely right: some of my "side bar" comments are slowing down the pace of the book. It's tough to cut them though. Some of it is some pretty damn funny observations but I have to keep asking: do I NEED it? Does it move the story forward? Sadly, some of it just has to go. It's a shame . . . I really do like my own humor! (big surprise, huh?)

Later!

3 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

Much insanity for you, too, huh?
{{{{{{{{Jim}}}}}}}}

J.A. Coppinger said...

Yea, but nowhere near you levels! Keep plugging away at it. It's got to get easier someday, right?

Right?

Ummm . . . . right?


Damn.

Later!

Anonymous said...

Spamalot was fantastic!!! You will love it!
-c h e r y l-