Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Lazy-Ass Postal Workers!

So, the MS is all set to mail out to the agent. It would have been in the mail first thing this morning but when I got to the Post Office, I saw the sign on the door that said they opened at 8:30 a.m. Well, I'm at work by that point, so I had to postpone the drop-off until tonight. Luckily, they're open til 7:00 p.m. Now, you're proably sayin' something like : "No shit, dumb-ass! No post office opens up at 7:00 a.m." Well, that was what I said last night to The Wife but she guaranteed me that they did. Seeing as how she does simply everything around here (No, really! Just ask her!) I figgered she know whereof she spoke . . . only, not so much. I'm pretty sure she knew they weren't open but saw it as an ideal chance to get my lazy ass out of bed a few minutes earlier than usual so she wouldn't have to rush through her morning shower. (The woman is evil incarnate, I tell you!)

Lots of running around last night to get the stuff we needed. I was doing the submission and The Wife was doing up a few hundred tickets for a Boy Scout fundraiser. A lot of printer hopping and elbow bumping as we ran from computer to computer last night! We stopped at Staples to get paper, labels, etc. and I could not find a manuscript box. Had to settle for one of those huge corrugated mailing boxes instead. it'll work but the dam thing cost two bucks and it'll cost an extra dollar or more in the shipping cuz it's so bulky. I don't know why that bugs me but it does. usually, the penny-pinching is The Wife's realm. I'm the guy throwing around money he doesn't have. As my Mama always told me: "James, you've got champagne tastes on a beer purse!" True enough I suppose, but I was never one for denying myself anything I wanted. I've never been able to see money as anything more than an imaginary concept, so killing myself trying to hang onto something that doesn't really exist anyway has never been a priority. Hence the confusion over the stupid box . . . but it still bugs me. Go figure.

Watched "Heroes" last night (I never miss it, or BSG!) The ending was a complete shocker . . . I never saw that coming and I ALWAYS see what's coming in TV shows! That's why I like both of these programs: they're the only things on the tube that can actually surprise me. Last show that did that was "Babylon 5" (greatest TV show EVER!) I got the 1st season of it on DVD for Christmas and now The Boy is working his way through it, and loving it. Now I don't have to worry about what I'm getting for Father's Day or my Birthday . . . The Boy won't allow me to have anything else, he wants to see how B5 plays out!

Ah well, time for working. Gotta bail.

Later!

3 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

Even when the post office is a pain in the butt... it's so nice to get that package into the mail. That's a really good feeling!

SRH said...

"James, you've got champagne tastes on a beer purse!"

hee hee hee, you have a purse...

Sorry, only thing that came to mind was some juvenile humor.

but this was my word verification:
"ukymfpxo"

ummm... does your blog not like me or what?

J.A. Coppinger said...

WTF???? Google just ate my very witty reply!!!!

GODAMMIT!

Well, just assume it was funny.

Later!