Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Another Day In The Life

Holy crap . . .

I am only into the fourth chapter of the read-thru on "First" and I already have two full (typed) pages of notes on places and things I need to work out more detail on. By the time I'm done with this damn thing I'm going to have an entire separate book of notes about the original book! Strangely though, I'm looking forward to working some of this stuff out (we'll see how long that lasts!) It's all background stuff that's catching passing reference in the novel (so far) but I have to understand the why and wherefor of it all. Luckily, everything so far has been "What a cool idea! How'd I come up with that?" and not: "Yeek! You actually put this drivel on paper?" (metaphorically speaking - it's all still on the computer right now.)

On the personal front . . . shit's still nuts but I think I'm getting more of a handle on things. Three day weekend ahead, wherein I should get to about the 90% point on the house. (yay!) The following weekend I have a guy coming in to re-finish my hardwood floors (which have been covered by carpet for the last 40 years!) That should make a huge difference. After that, it's all just trim work and decorating. The construction will be pretty much done. Not bad huh? It only took 8 months to finish a project that was supposed to take 6 weeks . . .

I went to the doctor yesterday because I've been feeling like such crap for the past month. I'm pretty sure it's just been stress but with the sordid medical history of my genetic antecedents I felt it best not to take chances. I had blood work done so they can check for diabetes, etc. I don't think they'll find anything, but one never knows. Oh, and just for fun: the doctor is sending me to a dermatologist because he's worried some moles I have on my chest may be cancerous. Well, now isn't that just what you wanna hear to make your day? I think my familiy's done the cancer dance enough times at this point . . . God needs to go fuck with somebody else for a change!

Well, I'm not too worried. I'm bettin' it's just the fact that I'm too damn fat and need to drop a solid eighty or so pounds. (or so!)

Yawn.

Late in the day and I just had a ton more work come my way unexpectedly. Gotta go, I'll yack at y'all tomorrow.

Later!

No comments: